|Joseph Marshall III
Joseph Marshall III was born and raised on the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation and is an enrolled member of the Sicangu Lakota (Rosebud Sioux) tribe. Because he was raised in a traditional Lakota household by his maternal grandparents, his first language is Lakota. In that environment he also learned the ancient tradition of oral storytelling.Joseph taught at the high school and college levels, and developed native studies curriculum as well. For several years he worked for the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. Now he writes full time, having published nine nonfiction works, three novels, a collection of short stories and essays, and has written several screenplays. Many of his books are published in foreign countries, including France, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Korea, China, Japan, Romania, Brazil, Spain, and Israel. Joseph has won several awards for his books, both for the text and audio versions.
Due for publication in 2012 are Returning to the Lakota Way: Old Values to Save the Modern Work, from Hay House, a sequel to the very popular The Lakota Way: Stories and Lessons for Living; and Life Lessons from the Bow and Arrow (working title) from Sounds True.
Joseph has appeared in several television documentaries, served as technical advisor for movies, and had a role in a major television network mini-series. He was a technical advisor and narrator for the Turner Network Television (TNT) and Dreamworks Television six-part mini-series Into the West, as well as playing the on-screen role of “Loved by the Buffalo,” a Lakota medicine man. He is also a practitioner of primitive Lakota archery, having learned from his maternal grandfather the art of hand crafting bows and arrows. Joseph is also a specialist in wilderness survival.
One of his most treasured and meaningful experiences was to be one of the founders of Sinte Gleska University (1971) on the Rosebud Reservation. He is one of the Charter Board Members.
As a speaker and lecturer he as appeared in many venues throughout the United States and in countries such as France, Sweden, and Siberia.
Joseph and his wife Connie (also his literary agent and manger) are the parents of a blended family of nine, and have sixteen grandchildren.
Make No Bones About It
World Peace and Prayer Day 2013
Encouraging Words from our Elders"I appreciate your work in giving voice to our peoples. Blessings to you." Grandmother Mona Polacca
Quote of the MonthYes, our life energy must be a gift for our future. Your life, my life, everybody’s life must follow your given path. So pray or meditate. Follow your inner path and learn just how powerful you are and learn that you are a leader for your people, your family, your children, and the Mother Earth. -Chief Arvol Looking Horse, Lakota
Raven Redbone U-tubes
“Make No Bones About It”
- Boldt 40
- Breaking News
- Raven’s Guests
- Indigenous Links
- John Trudell
- Indigenous Programming
- Indigenous Point of View
- Indigenous Charities
Raven’s Recent Posts
- Chief Beau Dick visits with Raven Redbone, 3-9-2014 at 4:30 pm
- Mike Mease, co-founder of the Buffalo Field Campaign, on “Make No Bones About It.” 3-9-2014 at 5pm
- Follow : “Make No Bones About It.”
- Xiuhtezcatl Roske-Martinez -13 year old Indigenous Environmental Activist Change Agent, on “Make No Bones About It.” 3-9-2014 at 4pm
- Chief Arvol Looking Horse on “Make No Bones About It” -3-2-2014 AT 4pm
- changethemascot.org/take-action/ 1 month ago
- Checking out ""Global Changes and Indigenous Peoples!" with Phil Lane Jr." on The Four Worlds International In: j.mp/L7IrLH 1 month ago
- We are now at the Crossroads, please share Urgent wp.me/pKago-xg via @wordpressdotcom 4 months ago
- Chief Arvol Looking Horse and Bobbie C. Billie on Make No Bones About It. Nov, 3, 2013 4:30 pm wp.me/pKago-x3 via @wordpressdotcom 4 months ago
- Washington state grocery workers narrowly avoid strike | Al Jazeera America via @AJAM alj.am/17d67bj 4 months ago
- Eddy Lawerence: 'Going to Water' May 26, 2013
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse: 'RedShift' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'God is Alive/Magic is Afoot' May 26, 2013
- Indigenous: 'I Wonder' May 26, 2013
- Puyallup Canoe Family: 'Red Tail Hawk' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'Starwalker' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'Piney Wood Hills' May 26, 2013
- Marty Stuart: 'Three Chiefs' May 19, 2013
- Jim Page: 'Whose World Is This' May 19, 2013
- John Trudell & Bad Dog: 'Teddy Bear' May 19, 2013
- New voices piece at Boldt 40 eoconnell
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Mohawk John Kane "Sovereignty is not our Defense. It's what we Defend!" March 12, 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Music Video Haymarket and Klee Benally: Save the Peaks! March 12, 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Photo Four Corners to Fukushima No Nukes! March 11, 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Bahe: 'Gradual Resurgence of Land Based, Sovereign Dineh Resistance at Big Mountain' March 10, 2014 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- This Week's FVIR Program February 28, 2014Program: FVIR Thursday, February 27, 2014 First Voices Indigenous Radio February 27, 2014.mp3 JACQUELINE KEELER is a writer and citizen of the Navajo Nation and born for the Yankton Sioux Tribe. She writes nationally on current Native American issues for many media outlets. New America Media Foundation and has been a featured guest on Huffington Post Live. […]Tiokasin
- This Week's FVIR Program February 28, 2014
KAOS RADIO 89.3 FM
Anishinaabekwe on Xiuhtezcatl Roske-Martinez -13… helen on Water of life – Mini Wic’… Teresa Thorpe on Here’s an Ad about R… pantropicproducts on Here’s an Ad about R… Betty (Morningstar)… on Chief Phil Lane Jr- On Protect…
Make No Bones About It. * KAOS 89.3 FMSundays 4pm to 6 pm with your Host, Raven Redbone.Visit KAOS 89.3 FM @ www.kaosradio.org!
DISCLAIMER"Make No Bones About It" -Any views or opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of the author not "KAOS 89.3 FM".
Log out -Bone Days