|Joseph Marshall III
Joseph Marshall III was born and raised on the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation and is an enrolled member of the Sicangu Lakota (Rosebud Sioux) tribe. Because he was raised in a traditional Lakota household by his maternal grandparents, his first language is Lakota. In that environment he also learned the ancient tradition of oral storytelling.Joseph taught at the high school and college levels, and developed native studies curriculum as well. For several years he worked for the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. Now he writes full time, having published nine nonfiction works, three novels, a collection of short stories and essays, and has written several screenplays. Many of his books are published in foreign countries, including France, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Korea, China, Japan, Romania, Brazil, Spain, and Israel. Joseph has won several awards for his books, both for the text and audio versions.
Due for publication in 2012 are Returning to the Lakota Way: Old Values to Save the Modern Work, from Hay House, a sequel to the very popular The Lakota Way: Stories and Lessons for Living; and Life Lessons from the Bow and Arrow (working title) from Sounds True.
Joseph has appeared in several television documentaries, served as technical advisor for movies, and had a role in a major television network mini-series. He was a technical advisor and narrator for the Turner Network Television (TNT) and Dreamworks Television six-part mini-series Into the West, as well as playing the on-screen role of “Loved by the Buffalo,” a Lakota medicine man. He is also a practitioner of primitive Lakota archery, having learned from his maternal grandfather the art of hand crafting bows and arrows. Joseph is also a specialist in wilderness survival.
One of his most treasured and meaningful experiences was to be one of the founders of Sinte Gleska University (1971) on the Rosebud Reservation. He is one of the Charter Board Members.
As a speaker and lecturer he as appeared in many venues throughout the United States and in countries such as France, Sweden, and Siberia.
Joseph and his wife Connie (also his literary agent and manger) are the parents of a blended family of nine, and have sixteen grandchildren.
Make No Bones About It
World Peace and Prayer Day 2013
Encouraging Words from our Elders"I appreciate your work in giving voice to our peoples. Blessings to you." Grandmother Mona Polacca
Quote of the MonthYes, our life energy must be a gift for our future. Your life, my life, everybody’s life must follow your given path. So pray or meditate. Follow your inner path and learn just how powerful you are and learn that you are a leader for your people, your family, your children, and the Mother Earth. -Chief Arvol Looking Horse, Lakota
Raven Redbone U-tubes
“Make No Bones About It”
- Breaking News
- Raven’s Guests
- Indigenous Links
- John Trudell
- Indigenous Programming
- Indigenous Point of View
- Indigenous Charities
Raven’s Recent Posts
- Robert Upham, AKA- “Harlem Indian” – Make No Bones About It- 12-8-2013, 5:00-5:30pm
- Join Editor Gregory Fields, Coast Salish carver Felix Soloman (Lummi/Haida), Ben Covington ( Lummi). December 1, 2013 at 4pm
- 5th Annual Sunrise Ceremony.Healing History: Let’s Make It Right.
- Harvest Moon on the next Make No Bones About It. November 24, 2013 at 4pm
- Ravenspeaker on Make No Bones About It. November 24, 2013 at 5pm
- We are now at the Crossroads, please share Urgent wp.me/pKago-xg via @wordpressdotcom 4 weeks ago
- Chief Arvol Looking Horse and Bobbie C. Billie on Make No Bones About It. Nov, 3, 2013 4:30 pm wp.me/pKago-x3 via @wordpressdotcom 1 month ago
- Washington state grocery workers narrowly avoid strike | Al Jazeera America via @AJAM alj.am/17d67bj 1 month ago
- Petition Healing History: Let make it right. ipt.io/fqyh via @ipetitions 1 month ago
- Dear Senate: Education should be affordable! Keep student loan rates low! bit.ly/13HiPMu 4 months ago
- Eddy Lawerence: 'Going to Water' May 26, 2013
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse: 'RedShift' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'God is Alive/Magic is Afoot' May 26, 2013
- Indigenous: 'I Wonder' May 26, 2013
- Puyallup Canoe Family: 'Red Tail Hawk' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'Starwalker' May 26, 2013
- Buffy Sainte-Marie: 'Piney Wood Hills' May 26, 2013
- Marty Stuart: 'Three Chiefs' May 19, 2013
- Jim Page: 'Whose World Is This' May 19, 2013
- John Trudell & Bad Dog: 'Teddy Bear' May 19, 2013
- Ocean Planning Specialist – Quinault Indian Nation Wendy Bowman
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Navajo Uranium Film Festival Day 3 Livestream! December 4, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Mohawk John Kane 'Redskin Code Talkers?' December 4, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Navajo Uranium Film Fest: Microcosm of truth in Indian country December 4, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Into the snow, Longest Walk 4 to Carson City, Nevada December 4, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- This Week's FVIR Program November 21, 2013Program: FVIR Thursday, November 21, 2013 First Voices Indigenous Radio November 21, 2013.mp3 TIOKASIN GHOSTHORSE(Lakota) shares some of his thoughts on the upcoming American holiday season and Indigenous people's enduring legacy and perspective. JOHN TRUDELL (Dakota) In 1980 JT gave a "Thanksgiving Day" Address regarding the American system […]admin
- This Week's FVIR Program November 21, 2013
KAOS RADIO 89.3 FM
Pamela on People of the Earth Address th… botond halmi on People of the Earth Address th… Robbie on People of the Earth Address th… Gina Michael on People of the Earth Address th… jenny hogan on People of the Earth Address th…
Make No Bones About It. * KAOS 89.3 FMSundays 4pm to 6 pm with your Host, Raven Redbone.Visit KAOS 89.3 FM @ www.kaosradio.org!
DISCLAIMER"Make No Bones About It" -Any views or opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of the author not "KAOS 89.3 FM".
Log out -Bone Days