|Joseph Marshall III
Joseph Marshall III was born and raised on the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation and is an enrolled member of the Sicangu Lakota (Rosebud Sioux) tribe. Because he was raised in a traditional Lakota household by his maternal grandparents, his first language is Lakota. In that environment he also learned the ancient tradition of oral storytelling.Joseph taught at the high school and college levels, and developed native studies curriculum as well. For several years he worked for the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. Now he writes full time, having published nine nonfiction works, three novels, a collection of short stories and essays, and has written several screenplays. Many of his books are published in foreign countries, including France, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Korea, China, Japan, Romania, Brazil, Spain, and Israel. Joseph has won several awards for his books, both for the text and audio versions.
Due for publication in 2012 are Returning to the Lakota Way: Old Values to Save the Modern Work, from Hay House, a sequel to the very popular The Lakota Way: Stories and Lessons for Living; and Life Lessons from the Bow and Arrow (working title) from Sounds True.
Joseph has appeared in several television documentaries, served as technical advisor for movies, and had a role in a major television network mini-series. He was a technical advisor and narrator for the Turner Network Television (TNT) and Dreamworks Television six-part mini-series Into the West, as well as playing the on-screen role of “Loved by the Buffalo,” a Lakota medicine man. He is also a practitioner of primitive Lakota archery, having learned from his maternal grandfather the art of hand crafting bows and arrows. Joseph is also a specialist in wilderness survival.
One of his most treasured and meaningful experiences was to be one of the founders of Sinte Gleska University (1971) on the Rosebud Reservation. He is one of the Charter Board Members.
As a speaker and lecturer he as appeared in many venues throughout the United States and in countries such as France, Sweden, and Siberia.
Joseph and his wife Connie (also his literary agent and manger) are the parents of a blended family of nine, and have sixteen grandchildren.
Encouraging Words from our Elders"I appreciate your work in giving voice to our peoples. Blessings to you." Grandmother Mona Polacca
Quote of the Month“ We do not go into ceremony, and talk about God . We go into the ceremony to talk to God.” -Chief Quanah Parker
Raven Redbone U-tubes
“Make No Bones About It”
- Breaking News
- Indigenous Links
- John Trudell
- Indigenous Programming
- Indigenous Point of View
- Indigenous Charities
Raven’s Recent Posts
- Just added a new event on The Four Worlds International Institute ning.it/11Uw9Il 1 week ago
- Checking out "Chief Arvol Looking Horse on "Make No Bones About It." May 5th, " on The Four Worlds International In: ning.it/11a004t 1 week ago
- Just added a new event on The Four Worlds International Institute ning.it/11buzBs 4 weeks ago
- On February 12th, Ben SittingBull (Stewart) was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Read the rest of the story. ning.it/13G6dV3 2 months ago
- donationto.com/teamunicorn 2 months ago
- Bill Miller: 'Reconciliation Prayer' May 12, 2013
- Marty Stuart: 'Three Chiefs' May 12, 2013
- Emma's Revolution: 'SEED' May 12, 2013
- John Trudell: 'CRAZY HORSE' May 12, 2013
- Radmilla Cody: 'Spirit of a Woman' May 12, 2013
- John Trudell: 'Bone Days' May 12, 2013
- Assani: 'Oti Nikan' May 6, 2013
- John Trudell & Bad Dog: 'Bone Days' May 6, 2013
- Dorthy Tsatoke: 'I am The Begining and the End' May 5, 2013
- John Trudell & Bad Dog: 'CRAZY HORSE' May 5, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Mohawk Nation News 'Sty Story' May 19, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- TransCanada reps kicked out of Cheyenne River Sioux May 19, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- Mohawk Nation News 'Falsies' May 19, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- House of Snakes: US Natural Resources Committee targets Indian lands May 18, 2013 firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
- This Week's FVIR Program May 15, 2013Program: FVIR Thursday, May 16, 2013 First Voices Indigenous Radio May 16, 2013.mp3 JOHN KARHIIO KANE (Mohawk) (www.letstalknativepride.blogspot.com) Discusses the "exclusivity zone" being used as a method to urge the Seneca Nation of the Haudenosaunee to pay the half a billion dollars owed to New York State. Under the casino compact or state-run […]admin
- This Week's FVIR Program May 15, 2013
KAOS RADIO 89.3 FM
ravenredbone on Chief Arvol Lookinghorse… wilmer quintero s. (… on Chief Arvol Lookinghorse… Debra Tendore on Nathan Blindman on “Make… Ann Solano on Nathan Blind Man – Desce… Tepet on Nathan Blind Man – Desce…
Make No Bones About It. * KAOS 89.3 FMSundays 4pm to 6 pm with your Host, Raven Redbone.Visit KAOS 89.3 FM @ www.kaosradio.org!
DISCLAIMER"Make No Bones About It" -Any views or opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of the author not "KAOS 89.3 FM".
Log out -Bone Days